Medical spas have gained popularity among men and women in recent years. Clinics, often referred to as medi-spas and med spas, are a day spa and a medical center hybrid. Medical spas try to blend the best of all worlds, combining a relaxing spa experience with treatments and information that were previously only available in a physician’s office.
While there are numerous med spa services to choose from, here are the top picks:
- Botulinum toxin A, or Botox, is a surgical injectable that temporarily lowers the appearance of active wrinkling and facial creases. It has been and remains to be among the most widely used cosmetic procedures. Botox, injected beneath your skin into the neuromuscular tissue, blocks the neural signals that enable your muscles to contract. It soothes your muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Botox’s effects typically last 3 to 12 months. Botox is also a relatively quick medicinal spa treatment, spanning approximately 15 minutes per session.
Soft tissue injections, also referred to as injectables or injectable fillers, are used to provide a fuller, smoother appearance and are used for three main reasons:
- To help reduce the appearance of facial fine lines and wrinkles.
- To enhance the volume and contour of the face and lips.
- Adding volume to the rear of the hand helpsto conceal visible veins, bones, and tendons as we age.
The benefits of soft tissue fillers last anywhere from six months to two years, depending on the substance.
- CoolSculpting, commonly referred to as cryolipolysis, is a quasi-fat-reduction treatment that employs controlled cooling to help eliminate stubborn fat deposits. Throughout this medical spa technique, a cooling solution is applied with an applicator to the specific fat area to freeze it. You may feel quite chilly at first, but the body dulls, and the sensation fades within 5 to 10 minutes. A vacuum is then used to extract the fatty tissue. Applying Bridgetown Aesthetics’ cutting-edge technology, the procedure usually takes between 35 and 45 minutes.
- Laser therapy is a process that uses laser light pulses to remove the hair follicle. The medical spa professional will gently lay the laser on your skin throughout the procedure. A laser pulse destroys the hair’s base, preventing it from sprouting again. Hair removal is much less unpleasant than tweezing or plucking and may be done in as little as 10 min. Within 7 to 10 sessions, most of the population will be hair-free.
- VASER Lipo at a clinical center is a non-invasive, precise liposuction technique that yields noticeable results after just one visit. VASER Lipo is tissue-selective, meaning means it preserves surrounding tissue while removing fat. You’ll also be delighted to know that the process is conducted without the significant recovery times and suffering related to traditional liposuction treatments.
If you’ve been battling with gaining weight that no intensity of physical or diet seems to be addressing, VASER Lipo at a Red Bank Med Spa could be the answer you’ve been waiting for.